Cleaning and precaution are the most important and effective ways of protecting oneself from the coronavirus due to which it is also important to sanitize the carpet for coronavirus on a regular basis. Medical experts have discussed that coronavirus has the ability to survive on a surface for 2 to 3 days due to which is a significant concern for carpet owners. In the case coronavirus is present on the carpet surface then it can also spread to other areas and consequently infect the household residents. It is more important to sanitize those carpets in the household that are frequent touchpoints and come in regular contact. If effective sanitizing is performed then it can reduce the risk of household members getting infected by the viruses. Therefore, in this article, we have discussed solutions that people can follow to sanitize the carpet for coronavirus at home and protect themselves from coronavirus.
Supplies required to sanitize carpets
It is important to consider that there is a difference between sanitization and disinfection. The purpose of sanitization is to reduce the germs and harmful substances present on the carpet to a safe level. Therefore, this process is focused on eliminating coronavirus from the surface of the carpets. Some of the supplies required to sanitize the carpet for coronavirus are as follows:
- Carpet sanitizer: There are different types of sanitizers available in the market, which can be useful for sanitizing carpets. In current situations, health departments in different countries have offered advice on the use of sanitizer to clean surfaces. People can consider these recommendations in their countries to use the best options available. We recommend using a high-quality carpet sanitizer considering that it should be able to eliminate coronavirus because of the seriousness of the concern.
- Spray bottle: We recommend using a spray bottle to apply the sanitizer on the carpet surface so that cleaners do not have to come in contact with the carpet.
- Dryer: We recommend using a dryer to dry the carpet after performing the sanitizing process. It will be able to dry the carpet without requiring the cleaners to come in contact.
- Face mask: We recommend the cleaners to wear a face mask throughout the process to sanitize the carpet for coronavirus. Otherwise, there can be risks involved related to getting infected with the virus.
Steps involved in the process to sanitize the carpet
We recommend that workers take extreme precautions while performing this process so that they can protect themselves as well as the carpet. The steps involved in the process to sanitize the carpet for coronavirus are as follows:
- In the first step, prepare an appropriate solution of the sanitizer.
- Now, put the sanitizer in a separate bottle for use on the carpet.
- Apply the sanitizer on all the parts of the carpet.
- Now let the solution dry for a few hours. People can also use a dryer for this purpose, which will be able to dry the carpet quickly.
- Repeat the process every few days. Also know more about Window Cleaning Basics & Hiring a Floor Cleaner here .