Carpet cleaning is one of the main activities in order to get your home clean. It is not only about cleaning the carpets but also about the health of your family members. According to a health report by the American Lung Association, when dust and rugs accumulate within your carpet, it may lead to health problems for your family members and pets. Dust and things accumulating within your carpet can be considered risk factors for people suffering from respiratory conditions. For example, if your kid has asthma, dust can worsen the condition significantly.
If you want to have a clean home and you are fully aware of the benefits of Carpet Cleaning in Missoula, follow these steps in order to make your home healthier.
1.Elimination of Trapped Pollutants:
There are several points that you need to pay attention to them regarding pollutants.
• Your dirty carpet contains several sources of pollutants coming from the inside of your homes such as pet dander, allergens coming from insects such as cockroaches, lead particles, dust, and other types of dirt.
• In addition to these pollutants, toxic airborne gases usually accumulate along with all the dirt within your carpet and are trapped with them causing major health problems.
• Toxic gases are dangerous. However, they are released from daily activities such as vacuuming. The gases become trapped within the carpet and contaminate the rest of the air in your house.
• Professional cleaning services do not only remove pollutants and kill organisms but also remove the trapped pollutants that may not be removed by regular cleaning.
2. Dust Mite Infestations:
• Mite infestations are microscopic; that is why people do not realize that they have them. I bet that at least 80% of people reading this guide have dust mite infestations.
• Dust mites may not be toxic. However, they leave feces and other things that can work as allergens. They may be toxic to your kids and/or pets.
• They are easily inhaled due to their microscopic size.
• Professional cleaners use a method called steam cleaning to get rid of mites. They expose the carpets to very high temperatures; mites can withstand.
3. Prevention of Mold Growth:
If you live in a humid area, dirty carpets will definitely develop mold once they become exposed to moisture. Carpets absorb moisture causing mold growth. The problem with mold is that it can be very difficult to remove and it spreads to other areas. Mold causes many health problems, especially for kids and pets.
Your carpet needs regular professional cleaning if you live in an area with a high level of humidity to avoid mold growth. You also should vacuum it regularly.